Sunday, January 06, 2008

Player Interview with Darryl Stonum – ESPN/Under Armour Practice

Player Interview with Darryl Stonum – ESPN/Under Armour Practice
AthleteVault
http://www.athletevault.com/

Updated January 4, 2008...

I had a chance yesterday afternoon to talk with Darryl Stonum. What a great kid that bleeds maize and blue. Darryl said “the experience this week has been mind boggling, the talent here is at a whole different level, the speed; being a speed receiver I have to learn how to get open, run better routes, work on catching the ball. I’m learning, it’s been a learning experience.”

When I asked Darryl who’s the best DB he’s gone against he said Florida commit Janoris Jenkins. His exact words were “He is the best DB out here, by far.” I asked Darryl who he was hanging out with and he said he starts school this Monday and his roommate is Christian Wilson this week. He’s hanging with Brandon Moore too and just likes hanging out and laughing with all the Michigan commits.

Darryl loved how the offense looked against Florida in the Capital One Bowl Game. He said “Coach Carr said he had something up his sleeve, so he said stay tuned, because the odds were against them, so stay tuned and watch the outcome. I made a little bet with the Florida kids, Dee Finley, Will Hill, Janoris Jenkins and they owe me lunch now.”

I asked Darryl about Coach Rich Rodriguez and he said “Coach Rodriguez is cool; I’ve talked to him a couple of times. I’m sad Coach Carr is leaving, he’s cool, and he made me feel welcome into the family of Michigan. But, I’m excited to continue the tradition and legacy of Michigan.”

Darryl said that he a lot of people compare him to Ted Ginn Jr, but he said his favorite WR is Jerry Rice. He said Jerry wasn’t always the fastest but runs the best routes so he tries to learn from watching him play. Michigan is getting a great player and an even better young man. I was really impressed with Darryl, he’s got a great personality and will be a star for the maize and blue.

No comments:

GBMWolverine Counter

Total Pageviews