Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mailbag question: How do you feel about the information highway today?

Gentlemen,

Please correct me if I am wrong but when Bo came in I don't think he kept any of Bump's staff. I think he ran some very tough practices. I think he had several players quit. I think he hung that Champions sign for a reason. I believe he told Dan Dierdorf," Your fat, your mine, and I never forget". Dierdorf turned down Miami of Ohio.

I believe somewhere down the line he was heard to shout," G*da*n it, Leach, pitch the Da*n ball".How do you feel about the information highway today? Can it be detrimental to football programs in regards to attrition, infractions, academics, recruiting etc? It wasn't around when Bo took over.

Great web site

Don
---------------------------------------------------
The advancements in media have definitely presented coaches with new challenges. But it has also presented programs with additional interest. Internet and other advancements have turned college football into a 12 month sport instead of the 6 month sport it was in Bo’s days. Also makes contact with recruits easier, makes breaking down film and such easier also. As much as internet and communication changes, changes in society and what is considered proper has changed.

Things my high school coaches said and did in the 70’s would get me fired today. Things my teachers said and done would get me fired today. Our program/administration actual brings in "experts” to talk to us about dealing with parents and kids. As with all things, standards and such are always evolving. In today’s PC world, is it really a surprising how it reached into college football?

written by CoachBt and ErocWolverine

If you have any questions please e-mail erocwolverine@gmail.com

No comments:

GBMWolverine Counter

Total Pageviews