Monday, May 05, 2008

Michigan Basketball: Epke leaves

from MGoBlue.com

Udoh Decides to Leave Wolverine Basketball Program
May 5, 2008

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – University of Michigan men's basketball coach John Beilein announced Monday (May 5) junior forward Ekpe Udoh (Edmond, Okla./Santa Fe HS) has made the decision to leave the Wolverines basketball program and transfer to another school. Udoh has not yet made a decision on which school he will attend.

"Ekpe is a fine young man, and we thought he made tremendous improvements throughout the season," said Beilein. "I will miss Ekpe as a person and as a player, and we hope success will follow him in his future endeavors."

"This was a very difficult decision for me," said Udoh. "I just feel I need to explore other options right now. I had a wonderful experience at Michigan, and I want to thank everyone for helping me the last two years. I wish them nothing but success in the future."

In two seasons in Ann Arbor, Udoh did not miss a game, playing in 67 consecutive contests with 31 starts. He averaged 5.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game for the Wolverines.

Udoh led the Big Ten with 92 blocked shots in 2007-08 and compiled 159 career blocks to rank fifth all-time at U-M.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My brief take on it:
Obviously Epke believed his AAU coach more than Michigan coaches and players. Along with the fact that his AAU coach never wanted him to go to Michigan in the first place.

GBMWolverine Counter

Total Pageviews