Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Mailbag question: Looking into Spring what will you guys be looking at
What are some of the things you be looking for this spring from Michigan? What'll be different this year? Since this is the coaching staff's second year now, what affect will this "seasoning" have on how Spring Practice goes this year?
Thanks for the question.
We're going to focus on 5 areas at Spring Practice.
1. The team's attitude. We want to see how this team reacts to coming off a 3-9 season and all the negative media attention. Will the team have an air of confidence and swagger, or will they play like whipped dogs? It's important for Michigan to move on from last year.
2. Team conditioning. The team showed great improvement between 2007 and spring 2008. Will that improvement continue? Will some players that missed spring practice, or did not buy into the system last year, show up ready to go from day one?
3. Will Michigan tweak the offense? Will Michigan include more tight end involvement in the passing game? Will there be more of a vertical game to the wide receivers to force the defense’s to cover the entire field? Can they use the passing game to set up the running game (which we believe will be a bigger factor this year with the improved offensive line and with Minor back this year)?
4. What is Coach Robinson going to bring to the defense? How will the defense be used this spring? Last year the defense was used more for helping the offense get establish instead of working on improving themselves, and learning what they needed learn. We want to see how Coach Robinson interacts with the current defensive staff and the players.
5. What players are starting to step up their game and vying to make a mark next season? We're looking for results, not potential. We all saw where "potential" got us last year. Who's going to bring it this spring and next fall?
Thanks for stopping by http://gobluemichiganwolverine.blogspot.com/
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com
Written by CoachBt and ErocWolverine