Monday, September 28, 2009

Coach Rod Press Conference Notes:


Coach Rod Press Conference Notes:

Press conference at 3:00pm Wednesday ... no press access. The team needs more focused on this week with the rivalry game. Quite a bit of work with crowd noise and get these young guys ready for it. Wanting the players to be more focused and not let distractions this year.

Tate:
Sore shoulder, limited today and tomorrow should be okay. He is a tough guy and loves to compete and play.

Denard:
So much to learn and he gets more comfortable every week with the offense. He will get more and more each week.

Huyge:
Looked good at guard.

Molk:
Still out -- He says he will be back in four weeks, but Coach Rod not so sure.

Moosman:
Some snaps were off, but some were catch able. Second game should get easier. He was making the right calls and played well.

Kevin Grady:
Outstanding leader of the team and has done a lot of things very well for our program.

Khoury:
Gets better each and everyday.

Defense missed assignments, was thinking to much and the defense played well at times. We are going to challenge a few guys this week and try some new players. Cornerback is one of them. Warren is one, but the other one is open. JT Turner gets better every week.

This game will have the same type of intensity no matter what the record are or what the predictions.

Regarding the Polls:
The polls shouldn't be out till October. There are good players everywhere and not sure a lot of those are upsets until the end of the year to see if they truly are.

I know Coach Dantonio from when we played each other. We are friendly, but not sharing tea and crumpets. The in-state recruiting is overblown between the two schools because of the system. Just like we compete against Ohio State and others. Coach Rod doesn't think there is negative recruiting between the two schools.

We are scoring a few more points, getting a few more first downs, but sometimes are offense needs to get better.

As season goes on the practices schedules will get shorter and shorter the longer the year goes on because of wanting them to stay fresh for Saturday.

Relish the rival games and closing the ranks. Wants to narrow the focus for the players. With the rivalry you live with it for a whole year compare to the other games. It was not fun.

Players Press conference:

Kevin Grady:

Favorite moment against Michigan State ... when Perry carried the ball for 51 times and I could relate to it when I was in high school. Came out with a victory.

Grand Rapids area seems to be more Michigan fans, but it is close to being split. I fear from friends, family members that are Michigan State fans. We are trying to get ready for this week. One is my grandmother so I cannot cut her out.

Me being an in-state kid the rivalry is a little different for me compared to other players. When you come to Michigan you know about the three rivalries Ohio State, Notre Dame and Michigan State.

We have a hunger and a lot to prove this year, not only to Michigan State, but every game. Michigan State is a big game and you better bring your hard hat so you better be ready to play because they will bring their best game against us. I am having fun with playing fullback and doing whatever I can to help the team win.

Tate seems really poised and I think he will be fine at Spartan Stadium.

Carlos Brown:

Indiana fought us down to the end and we have confidence to play from behind, but hopefully we aren't behind a lot. I think we can be physical just like Michigan State.

From Georgia we have the Georgia / Georgia Tech game so I know about the in-state game. I remember watching the overtime game and how intense that game was.

We always want to run the ball and me being a running back we always want to run it.

Kevin Grady is doing great this year.

Tate will be just fine this week on the road.

Obi Ezeh:

Michigan State game means to me is the bragging right for the whole year. They got it last year and the trophy.

The first game I played at Michigan State I really understood how big of a game this is and what the rivalry means.

I got a lot riding on this game because I am from in-state.

The first time I met Coach Carr I had a Michigan State shirt on and he gave me that "Stare" and I was like I wanted to take the shirt off. So it went into the trash can.

We got some young guys and we have gave up some big plays, but we are continuing to grow and get better.

Every week we go out is a statement game for the defense.

Assignment wise we are starting to understand where we need to be and we need to talk more.

Don't mind being on the field as much when we are scoring. We are not on the field anymore than we were last year that is for sure.

Donovan Warren:

I didn't know to much about the rivalry. Shawn Crable and those guys that this was a big week. You got to bring your a game. My freshman year we had a tough game at Spartan Stadium, very physical game and we had Mario make that great endzone catch.

We have to be prepared for whatever they bring to us.

The defensive system we are still working hard on it.

They have three good wide receivers, all big play guys, good hands, decent speed. We have to be prepared to stop those guys.

We have to communicate better and in the heat of the battle we need to talk more for what the call should be and what we are suppose to be running.

We have to come to play.

The rivalry between USC/UCLA is what I remember the most when I was young. I remember waking up early in the morning watching Michigan.

Thanks for stopping by Go Blue Michigan Wolverine
If you have any questions please E-Mail

Written by ErocWolverine


No comments:

GBMWolverine Counter

Total Pageviews