Thursday, September 18, 2008

Michigan Daily: Article by Courtney Ratkowiak

Courtney Ratkowiak: Don't panic about Michigan football yet

By Courtney Ratkowiak
Daily Sports Editor

I was walking through the Diag three days ago, half an hour late for my marketing class, my head down as I thought about how I could slip into my assigned seat in the middle of a row unnoticed. That’s why I didn’t see the four or five guys huddled together near the UGLi until one of them jumped in front of me and shoved a piece of paper in my face.

35-17.

The score of Saturday’s Michigan-Notre Dame game was scribbled in black pen. It was the only thing on the paper. I was so surprised that I started laughing, even though I didn’t break my stride. I heard them holler after me, “She knew what that meant! She knew what that meant!” And then, louder, “Michigan football SUCKS!”

Yes, I knew what those numbers meant. But I also know what they don't mean, and they don't mean that Michigan football sucks.

To read the rest of the article please visit: http://www.michigandaily.com/content/courtney-ratkowiak-dont-panic-yet

No comments:

GBMWolverine Counter

Total Pageviews